How you can support our bid for Stadium Planning Permission
January 1, 2000
IT’S NOW TIME FOR YOU TO SUPPORT BRISTOL ROVERS NEW STADIUM PLANNING APPLICATION!
As you will be fully aware, Bristol Rovers FC has made an official planning application to South Gloucestershire Council for the building of a new 21,700 all-seater stadium at the UWE at Frenchay.
This is something which all Bristol Rovers supporters have dreamed of for years and represents possibly the most exciting period in the history of our football club and everyone associated with it.
But this application needs your support NOW. So please read the following suggestions carefully about how YOU can help make this dream come true!
How To Do This:
1. Please write a letter of support to South Gloucestershire Council.
2. Each letter of support must be written and sent by you as an individual and written as a letter, addressed to Helen Ainsley, Major Sites Team, South Gloucestershire Council, Council Offices, Badminton Road, Yate BS37 5AF or respond on the South Gloucestershire Council website
3. If you are writing as a family or couple a joint letter will only count as one. Therefore, if there are more than one of you who supports this scheme then please send a letter from EACH of you (even though you may be at the same address) and the wording on each letter MUST be different – otherwise again, it will only be counted as one letter.
The Letter should contain the following information about WHY YOU THINK the new stadium will be beneficial to you and the community who lives around you.
Here are just a few ideas and I am sure you will have your own ideas:
It will be great for you and your local community because:
– It offers great educational opportunities because of its tie-up with the UWE
– There will be unrivalled transport links – rail, bus
– This facility will help the wider community of South Gloucestershire, the wider Bristol area and the whole the South West with a 21st century state-of-the-art facility
– We need a new sports facility in South Gloucestershire – something we don’t have at the moment
– It will create new jobs
– It’s making great use of an existing site by offering new recreational facilities
– There will be events held there which all my family can attend and enjoy
PLEASE ENSURE YOUR LETTER IS RECEIVED BY SOUTH GLOUCESTERSHIRE COUNCIL
NO LATER THAN 12th April 2012
On behalf of Bristol Rovers FC, the Supporters Club and everyone associated with the club may I thank you for your kind support! UTG
Chairman, Bristol Rovers Supporters Club