Your support needed by 10th April
January 1, 2000
Your Support Needed by 10th April
for Planning Permission for the New Stadium
I’m sure you will have seen on the forums or leaflets like these handed out at our last home game against Southend, about how you can support Bristol Rovers FC’s official planning application to South Gloucestershire Council, for the building of a new 21,700 all-seater stadium at the UWE at Frenchay.
This is something we have all dreamed of for years and represents possibly the most exciting period in the history of our football club. But we need your support now to help ensure this application is successful.
If you have not responded to South Gloucestershire Council, then please do so ASAP as time is running out. You do not have to live in South Gloucestershire to support this application.
How To Do This:
1. Please write a letter of support to South Gloucestershire Council.
2. Each letter of support must be written and sent by you as an individual and written as a letter, addressed to Helen Ainsley, Major Sites Team, South Gloucestershire Council, Council Offices, Badminton Road, Yate BS37 5AF or respond on the South Gloucestershire Council website of which the direct link is: http://developments.southglos.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=makeComment&keyVal=M0TG19OK02P00
3. If you are writing as a family or couple a joint letter will only count as one. Therefore, if there are more than one of you who supports this scheme then please send a letter from EACH of you (even though you may be at the same address) and the wording on each letter MUST be different – otherwise again, it will only be counted as one letter.
The Letter should contain the following information about WHY YOU THINK the new stadium will be beneficial to you and the community who lives around you.
Here are just a few ideas and I am sure you will have your own ideas:
It will be great for you and your local community because:
– It offers great educational opportunities because of its tie-up with the UWE
– There will be unrivalled transport links – rail, bus
– This facility will help the wider community of South Gloucestershire, the wider Bristol area and the whole the South West with a 21st century state-of-the-art facility
– We need a new sports facility in South Gloucestershire – something we don’t have at the moment
– It will create new jobs
– It’s making great use of an existing site by offering new recreational facilities
– There will be events held there which all my family can attend and enjoy
PLEASE ENSURE YOUR LETTER IS RECEIVED BY SOUTH GLOUCESTERSHIRE COUNCIL NO LATER THAN 10th April 2012
Thank you for your support.
Chairman, Bristol Rovers Supporters Club