Communications and Publicity Committee
January 1, 2000
The following members also fall into this sub committee by virtue of their role at the club and have agreed to help out as and when they can.
The Objectives Of The Communications & Publicity Committee 2005-6
To continue to promote the Supporters Club in the following ways:
• To promote the Supporters club and it’s activities within all available media as far as is possible
• To strive to add new contacts at every possible opportunity
• To continue to maximise all possible publicity opportunities and further develop those we currently enjoy
• To continue to keep our web site updated regularly with interesting content maintaining a balance to include input from fans and factual information from the football club and to keep fans informed of our activities and progress within all sub committees
• To further develop our web site and prospect for advertising revenue and to add new features and complete those needing completion
• To continue to look for and implement new ways of communicating with our members to compliment those already in place
• To continue to develop the Supporters Club news posters posted around the stadium on a monthly basis, along with looking for extra venues that would be willing to display them
• To co-ordinate publicity with the football club, thus providing a streamlined operation and keeping good communication links with them
• Look to recruit extra help on this committee as required
The Communications committee has made good progress in it’s first year, developing good relations within the local media and putting a new web site into place.
Whilst this progress is encouraging, we will not rest on our laurels, but look to develop and evolve in all areas of our responsibility, and assist the other sub committees as necessary.
For this sub committee to function efficiently, it must receive information regularly from other sub committees, which will be made public as appropriate.
It is our objective to provide any publicity required by any of the business committees, thus keeping the Communications committee aware of all activity that is planned by Bristol Rovers Supporters Club.
Communications and Publicity Committee Chair