September 3, 2014
Academy Performance Analysis Internship –
Bristol Rovers Football Club (BRFC) and University of West of England Bristol (UWE)
Bristol Rovers Football Club (BRFC) and University of West of England Bristol (UWE) are working in partnership to offer internship opportunities to support the BRFC Academy Performance Analysis department and UWE Bristol’s Sport Science departments.
Reporting to the BRFC Head of Academy Performance Analysis and UWE Sports Development Officer for Coach Education and Volunteering, the interns will provide support for the BRFC Academy u9s – u16s age groups, UWE Men’s First Team and Almondsbury UWE First team (The Universities partner club) and other University sports clubs.
With the help of BRFC Head of Academy Performance Analysis, key tasks will include:
- Filming and coding of home fixtures for an appointed academy age group
- Provide live coding and feedback to the coaching staff during games
- Filming and coding of home fixtures for UWE Men’s First Team and Almondsbury UWE First Team and other UWE Sport teams (Netball, basketball, hockey and rugby).
- After each fixture provide staff with a concise set of clips in line with the identified tactical and technical outcomes.
- Provide clips and examples of best practice to staff or players as and when required
- Other appropriate duties as required by BRFC and UWE
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, reliable and willing to develop within a professional football environment. Required skills will include an understanding and experience of appropriate performance analysis methods and equipment. An understanding of the game will be beneficial also.
Although prior experience in Performance Analysis is desirable, this is not essential as mentoring and training will be provided within the program by BRFC Head of Performance Analysis and University staff.
Locations: Bristol Rovers Football Club, Almondsbury Football Club and UWE Bristol Centre for Sport
Time Commitment: Every Sunday with intermittent Wednesday and Saturday afternoons
Remuneration: Pre-agreed travel expenses as deemed suitable. Kit will also be provided. To apply, please submit your CV and covering letter to [email protected] (Head of Academy Performance Analysis)
Closing Date: 12.00pm; Monday 1st September 2014. Start Date: Sunday 7th September 2014.
Please see the role description for further information. Please note we will only be contacting those shortlisted for an informal meeting.