October 24, 2014
We are delighted to announce that our matchday programme, ‘The Pirate’, has won the Midlands Programme Club Awards for 2014/15.
Our programme was judged to be the BEST programme for the Vanarama Conference League, closely followed by Aldershot Town’s publication which was runner up.
This is what the judges had to say about ‘The Pirate’; ‘We’d like to say a massive thank you for taking part and send our congratulations to the media team there at the Memorial Stadium!
The following feedback was given during the judging process which brought us to our final decision.’
* Traditional Cover, bold clear text and great action shots
* Minimal Advertising within.
* Great writeups and features
* Well laid-out and a great blend of articles, pictures and stats
* Loves the ‘looking back’ feature – great for fans to read
* Stats pages easy to read and straight forward with accompanying pics
* Opposition feature was great – no excessive six page overkill
* Included the Community and Fanzone pages – very informative
* Great overall value for money and a pleasure to read.
Commenting on the award, press officer and programme editor Keith Brookman said; ‘It’s always nice to receive recognition for all of the hard work that goes into making sure our matchday programme is one of the best around.
‘To win the accolade of best in the Vanarama Conference is tribute to the hard work put in by a dedicated team of volunteers, a very conscientious designer, and our printers.
‘Thanks to all the Supporters Club volunteers who are out selling our publication in all weathers and to everyone who has purchased a copy this season.’