September 19, 2015
The next BRSC General Knowledge Quiz.
It is scheduled for Thursday 19th November 2015.
For those supporters who are interested in the nature of the quiz here are TWO typical rounds.
Have a look, get the thinking caps on and find out how you might get on.
The answers will be provided on Sunday 20th September.
Round 1. General Knowledge
- What does an entomologist study?
- Henry Cooper and Kevin Keegan both appeared in adverts for what after shave?
- What is an ice hockey puck made from?
- In the nursery rhyme what was used to mend Jack’s head after he had fallen down the hill?
- How many pairs of ribs would the normal human have?
- When was execution by guillotine abolished in France? Was it 1851, 1881, 1951, or 1981?
- What chemically is H14 N2, a poisonous alkaloid consumed daily by millions?
- Which diminutive and very young Russian gymnast was a star of the 1972 Olympics?
- Who wrote The Novel The Great Gatsby?
- What was the name given to the inventor Sir Clive Sinclair’s electric three-wheeled car?
Round 2. Taking the Michael
(All answers are famous Michaels or a derivatives of Michael)
- Who holds the record for winning the most medals of any Olympic athlete in history?
- Who is the winner of an Oscar for the film Hannah and her Sisters?
- Which scientist appeared on the reverse of a Bank of England banknote?
- Who played one of the main characters in The Waltons?
- Who is the author who created the detective Mike Hammer?
- Who had UK top ten hits with Somebody to Love, Too Funky and Don‘t Let The Sun Go Down On Me?
- Who holds the record as the youngest boxer to win the WBC, WBA and IBF heavyweight titles?
- Which Irish politician shares his name with an astronaut?
- Which TV presenter is noted for The Wide Awake Club, The Really Wild Show and Springwatch?
- Who made his debut in the film Steamboat Willie ?