More Quiz Q & A
September 21, 2015
Even more Questions for you to contemplate.
These questions are from Rounds 7 and 8 of the BRSC Quiz on Thursday 10th September 2015.
Round 7. General Knowledge
- If you received a letter with a stamp saying Helvetia where would it have come from?
- Which major disaster occurred in the U.S. in 1906, killing an estimated 3000 people?
- Name the circuit used for the Belgian Formula 1 Grand Prix?
- What is the stage name of Sir Thomas John Woodward?
- What was George Washington‘s wife‘s first name?
- Name the French cartoon skunk that is madly in love with a reluctant cat?
- What was Margaret Thatcher‘s maiden name?
- Which American ‘Art Nouveau’ artist and designer is best known for his stained glass lamps and windows?
- Philip Treacy is known as a designer of what?
- Who starred as Big Chris in the film Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels?
Round 8. Television
- Which actress played the part of Sybil in BBC’s Fawlty Towers?
- In Dad’s Army, what was Private Fraser’s occupation?
- What is currently the UK’s longest continuous running game show?
- First shown in 1961 this programme has been variously presented by Geoffrey Wheeler, Michael Barratt, Cliff Michelmore, Sir Harry Secombe and Pam Rhodes among others. Name it?
- This children‘s TV series featured a marionette who lived in a picnic basket with his two friends?
- What was the title of the sequel to Porridge?
- Which American series featured the Sunshine Cab Company?
- This BBC children’s TV series was set in a care home known as “The Dumping Ground“?
- This Reality TV show has run for 415 episodes so far, and each one has featured Brendan Sheerin. Name it?
- What does Rumpole of the Bailey call his wife?
Answers to ROUNDS 3 and 4 at the last BRSC General Knowledge Quiz.
Round 3. The 2014/15 Football Season
- Who contested the Capital One Cup final? Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspur(2-0)
- Who were runners up in League 2? Shrewsbury Town
- Exeter City famously lost a round 1 FA Cup tie to which non-league club live on TV? Warrington Town
- Who were the defeated FA Cup Semi Finalists? Reading and Liverpool
- Who scored the fastest Premier League hat trick in 2 mins 56 seconds? Sadio Mane (Saints v Villa)
- Which League 2 club had the most draws in the football league, 19 in total? York City
- Which League 1 club had the lowest number of draws in the football league, 6 in total? Rochdale
- Who finished bottom of the Vanarama Conference? Nuneaton Town
- What position was Matty Taylor in the end of season goal scoring table in the Conference? 4th (equal)
- Which club was been in League Two the longest (and still is)? Accrington Stanley
Round 4. Cities
- Which is the UK‘s most northerly city? Inverness
- Which is the UK‘s most southerly city? Truro
- Which town is the only former city in England, a status it held from 1211 until 1998? Rochester
- Which came first for Bristol, county status or city status? County Status (in 1373 – city status 1542)
- What is the smallest city in the United Kingdom? St David’s
- Which is England‘s newest city, given that status to mark the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee ? Chelmsford
- Three UK towns have football clubs styled City, but are not cities. Name one. Brechin, Elgin and Guildford
- The River Irwell separates which two cities? Manchester and Salford
- Mott the Hoople and The Pretenders were formed and Ellie Goulding was born here. Where? Hereford
- Which is the oldest city in Northern Ireland? Derry / Londonderry in 1604. (Belfast 1888, Armagh 1994.)
How did you get on?
The answers to Rounds 7 and 8 will be provided on Wednesday 23rd September 2015.
The next BRSC General Knowledge Quiz.
It is scheduled for Thursday 19th November 2015.