Yet More Q & A
September 23, 2015
Yet More Questions for you to contemplate.
These questions are from Rounds 9 and 10 of the BRSC Quiz on Thursday 10th September 2015.
Round 9. Music
- What do the songs God save the Queen, Relax and My Ding a Ling have in common?
- The line “Listen to the ground, there is movement all around“ comes from which song?
- In 1983 two song titles with women’s names with the initials BJ reached no 1 in the UK. Billie Jean was one, what was the other?
- Some enchanted evening comes from which musical?
- What is the title of Beethoven’s only opera?
- Between 1987 and mid 1990, at least one song written by which trio was in the UK top 40 every single week?
- Heard at many Rovers matches, this song was a number one for Guy Mitchell and Tommy Steele, and later versions also charted by Dave Edmunds, Daniel O Donnell and Cliff Richard. Name it.
- What was George Michael’s first solo hit called?
- Which Gilbert And Sullivan Opera is set in Japan?
- Which current star of Eastenders on British TV represented the UK in the Eurovision Song Contest of 1991?
Round 10. Utter Trivia
- What comprises 80% of the human body?
- When is one the correct answer by adding two to eleven?
- Which Bruce, voted the eighteenth best villain in American movie history, made the cover of Time magazine in 1975?
- What is unusual about the crabeater seal?
- With what would you rock the baby or walk the dog?
- Which Caribbean country is the only one to have an operating passenger railway system?
- Where in Europe is there a hotel that has been rebuilt every year since 1990?
- Approximately what percentage of the world‘s population is left-handed? ( to nearest 5%)
- Through his writings and said to have a quote for every occasion, which theologian famously claimed that he could drive away the devil with a fart ?
- It’s estimated that at any one time around 0.7% of the world’s population is – what?
The answers to Rounds 9 and 10 will be provided on Friday 25th September 2015.
Answers to ROUNDS 7 and 8 at the last BRSC General Knowledge Quiz.
Round 7. General Knowledge
- If you received a letter with a stamp saying Helvetia where would it have come from? Switzerland
- Which major disaster occurred in the U.S. in 1906, killing about 3000 people? The San Francisco Earthquake
- Name the circuit used for the Belgian Formula 1 Grand Prix? Spa-Franco champs (accept Spa)
- What is the stage name of Sir Thomas John Woodward? Tom Jones
- What was George Washington‘s wife‘s first name? Martha
- Name the French cartoon skunk that is madly in love with a reluctant cat? Pepe Le Pew
- What was Margaret Thatcher‘s maiden name? Roberts
- Which ‘Art Nouveau’ designer is best known for his stained glass lamps and windows? (Louis Comfort) Tiffany
- Philip Treacy is known as a designer of what? Hats
- Who starred as Big Chris in the film Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels? Vinnie Jones
Round 8. Television
- Which actress played the part of Sybil in BBC’s Fawlty Towers? Prunella Scales
- In Dad’s Army, what was Private Fraser’s occupation? Undertaker
- What is currently the UK’s longest continuous running game show? Countdown
- First shown in 1961 this programme has been variously presented by Geoffrey Wheeler, Michael Barratt, Cliff Michelmore, Sir Harry Secombe and Pam Rhodes among others. Name it? Songs of Praise
- Which children‘s TV series featured a marionette who lived in a picnic basket with his two friends? Andy Pandy
- What was the title of the sequel to Porridge? Going Straight
- Which American series featured the Sunshine Cab Company? Taxi
- This BBC children’s TV series was set in a care home known as “The Dumping Ground“? Tracy Beaker
- Which reality TV show has run for 415 episodes, and each one has featured Brendan Sheerin. Coach Trip
- What does Rumpole of the Bailey call his wife? She who must be obeyed
The next BRSC General Knowledge Quiz.
It is scheduled for Thursday 19th November 2015.