September 25, 2015
This is the final set of Answers.
These are the answers to Rounds 9 and 10 of the BRSC Quiz on Thursday 10th September 2015.
Round 9. Music
- What do the songs God save the Queen, Relax and My Ding a Ling have in common? All banned by the BBC
- The line “Listen to the ground, there is movement all around“ comes from which song? Night Fever
- In 1983 two songs whose titles had women’s names with the initials BJ reached no 1 in the UK. Billie Jean was one, what was the other? Baby Jane (Rod Stewart)
- Some enchanted evening comes from which musical? South Pacific
- What is the title of Beethoven’s only opera? Fidelio
- Between 1987 and mid 1990, at least one song written by which trio was in the UK top 40 every single week? Stock Aitken & Waterman
- Heard at many Rovers matches, this song was a number one for Guy Mitchell and Tommy Steele, and later versions also charted by Dave Edmunds, Daniel O Donnell and Cliff Richard. Name it Singing the Blues
- What was George Michael’s first solo hit called? Careless whisper
- Which Gilbert And Sullivan Opera is set in Japan? The Mikado
- Which current star of EastEnders represented the UK in the Eurovision Song Contest of 1991? Samantha Janus / Womack
Round 10. Utter Trivia
- What comprises 80% of the human body? Water
- When is one the correct answer by adding two to eleven? A 12-hour clock
- Which Bruce, voted the eighteenth best villain in American movie history, made the cover of Time magazine in 1975? Jaws – Bruce was the shark
- What is unusual about the crabeater seal? It doesn’t eat crabs
- With what would you rock the baby or walk the dog? A yo-yo
- Which Caribbean country is the only one to have an operating passenger railway system? Cuba (Puerto Rico has a metro in the capital, but is part of the USA)
- Where in Europe is there a hotel that has been rebuilt every year since 1990? Sweden or Lapland (it is made of ice)
- Approximately what percentage of the world‘s population is left-handed? c. 11%
- Through his writings and said to have a quote for every occasion, which theologian famously claimed that he could drive away the devil with a fart ? Martin Luther
- It’s estimated that at any one time around 0.7% of the world’s population is – what? Drunk
The next BRSC General Knowledge Quiz.
It is scheduled for Thursday 19th November 2015.
Why not join us?