Quiz Answers 1/2
November 28, 2015
These are the ANSWERS from the first TWO rounds of the recent BRSC GK Quiz.
How many did you get right?
Round 1. General Knowledge.
- In George Orwell’s “Animal Farm”, what type of animal is Napoleon?
- Across which river does the Hoover Dam span?
- The term sable in heraldry refers to which colour?
- Which actress was painted gold in the Bond movie “Goldfinger”??
- Where is the longest pleasure pier in the World?
- What animal name is given to an older woman who pursues younger man?
- Against which disease did Edward Jenner develop a vaccine?
- The River Rhine flows through Switzerland, Germany and Netherlands. It also forms the borders between these and three other countries. Name two of them?
- In criminal slang what role does a “Peterman” specialise in?
- What colour is the star on the Moroccan flag?
Round 1. Answers
- Shirley Eaton
- Southend on Sea
- A cougar
- (Two from) France, Liechtenstein and Austria
Round 2. Family Fortunes.
3 points for the top answer, 2 points for 2nd, and 1 point for 3rd & 4th.
- Name a sweet found in a box of Celebrations?
- Name a British coin no longer in circulation?
- Past or present name any pop group that you can spread on toast
- Name something a driver does with his hands when they should be on the wheel
- Name something that is sold by the Bunch?
- Give a shortened man’s name that only has 3 letters?
- Name any play by William Shakespeare?
- Name any item of 1970’s fashion?
- Name something you can shoot without a firearm?
- Name something you would dread to see from an aeroplane window?
Round 2. Answers
- 3 – Bounty, 2 – Mars, 1 – Maltesers, Snickers
- 3 – Sixpence, 2 – Farthing, 1 – Threepenny bit, Half-crown
- 3 – Marmalade, 2- The Jam, 1 – Hot Butter, Honeyz
- 3 – Use mobile phone, 2 – Pick their nose, 1 – Smoke, Fiddle with radio, CD, Casettes
- 3 – Bananas, 2 – Flowers, 1- Grapes, Onions
- 3 – Bob, 2 – Tim, 1 – Ben, Jim
- 3 – Hamlet, 2 – Romeo & Juliet, 1 – Twelfth Night, Macbeth
- 3 – Tank top, 2 – Hot pants, 1 – Platform shoes, Flares
- 3 – Film or photo, 2 – Goal / Football, 1 – Pool ball, the Rapids
- 3 – Engine on fire, Another plane, 1 – Broken wings, The pilot