Rounds 3 & 4
November 30, 2015
These are the ANSWERS from Rounds 3 & 4 of the recent BRSC GK Quiz.
How many did you get right?
Round 3. Sport & Leisure
- Which football club play their home games at the John Smith‘s Stadium?
- On which race course is the St Leger run each year?
- Who is the current manager of Watford FC?
- In which event did Jonathan Edwards win Olympic gold?
- In the senior game of baseball what is the distance between each base in yards?
- In football, which country scored after only 8 seconds in an International against England in 1994?
- Which is the oldest racecourse still in use in the UK?
- Which current Premiership manager was the World’s first £2million player?
- What is the maximum score that can be achieved in a game of ten-pin bowling?
- Lee Brown‘s entire Football League career bar one match has been with the Gas. Who else did he make a league appearance for?
Round 3. ANSWERS.
- Huddersfield Town
- Quique Sanchez Flores
- Triple Jump
- 30 yards
- San Marino
- Chester ( first race 1539 )
- Mark Hughes
- QPR (v Barnsley, 24 April 2010)
Round 4. Dance
- Strip the Willow, Petronella and The Dashing White Sergeant are types of what?
- Which dance style can feature swords, bells, sticks and handkerchiefs?
- Heaven, I‘m in heaven is the first line of which famous song about dancing?
- Which dance, originating in Tampa Florida in the late 1950s became the first world-wide dance craze?
- Who was the first winner of Strictly Come Dancing?
- Which form of dancing originated with tap dancers performing wearing ordinary shoes?
- Where did the tango originate?
- The Locomotion is a line dance & a 1962 hit record for Little Eva. Which came first, dance or song?
- This Sydney Pollack film starring Jane Fonda focuses on a disparate group of characters desperate to win a Depression-era dance marathon, name it
- Joseph Buckland and Olivia Smart are the current British Champions of which Olympic sport ?
Round 4. ANSWERS.
- Scottish (Country Dances)
- Morris Dancing
- Cheek to Cheek
- The Twist
- Natasha Kaplinsky
- Soft shoe shuffle
- (Along the River Plate – accept) Argentina or Uruguay
- They shoot horses don’t they
- Ice Dance