What Is The Answer?
November 30, 2015
These are the Questions from Rounds 7 and 8 of the recent BRSC GK Quiz.
How many would you get right?
The correct answers will be posted in 48 hours time.
Round 7. General Knowledge
- With an estimated 77 million, what is the most common wild animal in the UK??
- What colour does an alkali turn litmus paper?
- What is the name of the three headed dog that guards the gates of Hades?
- Which chemical element is designated by the letter ‘P‘?
- What stretch of water separates Anglesey from mainland Wales?
- Poetry – How many lines does a sonnet contain?
- In the comic books and feature films, what is the real name of Spiderman?
- Which one of Robin Hood’s Merry Men was a travelling minstrel?
- What is the official name for Liverpool Airport?
- Who shot Billy the Kid?
Round 8. Television.
- Who presented ITVs 8 part series on canals “Barging around Britain“ earlier this year?
- What was the reason given for the live Coronation Street episode on 23rd September this year?
- What was the name of Frank and Betty’s baby girl in “Some Mother’s Do ‘Ave ‘Em”?
- Gene Roddenberry is chiefly known for what in TV?
- Ricky Martin, Leah Totton and Mark Wright are the last 3 winners of which Reality game show ?
- What drink was advertised by Bob Geldof on TV in the 1980s?
- Hollyoaks – only one character has been a constant in the series since it began in 1995, who?
- Name the police drama series starring Ashley Walters, Jacob Ifan and Peter Sullivan?
- Come Back Mrs Noah is widely regarded as the worst-ever British TV sitcom. Who played the housewife accidentally blasted into space during a tour of the UK‘s latest space exploration vehicle?
- Ringo Starr was the first narrator of which popular railways-based series?