March 3, 2016
Try to answer these THREE rounds from the BRSC General Knowledge Quiz from 25/02/2016.
Half marks is good. Two thirds correct is excellent. 100% right is stretching the realms of credulity.
Round 1. General Knowledge
- Who wrote the book The Railway Children?
- The Galápagos Islands are a provincial territory of which South American country?
- In architecture, what is a Lancet?
- What is the largest flat fish species?
- What went from Sergeant to Columbus in 34 years?
- What is the oldest university in the USA?
- Who was the first British person to walk in space?
- Which Country has the international car registration RA?
- Which Capital City was formerly called Lutetia?
- What does ‘E’ represent in the formula E = MC²?
Round 2. Australia
- How many countries of the world are bigger than Australia in area?
- Who was known as the Bush Kangaroo on TV?
- What is the Capital of South Australia?
- What is the Australian name for a long narrow ox bow lake?
- To the nearest 5%, what percentage of the population of Australia live in Sydney?
- What is the national flower of Australia?
- Which long running series in Australia has featured guest appearances by Matt Lucas, David Walliams, Emma Bunton, Shane Warne and Paula Abdul?
- Darwin is the Capital of which Australian state?
- What was the Nationality of the first Europeans to make landfall in Australia ?
- If an Australian suggested you use his Durex, what would he be offering?
Round 5. Authors
Name the author of the following books.
- Mein Kampf.
- The Railway Children.
- The Wind In The Willows.
- Peril At End House, Five Little Pigs & Appointment With Death.
- Angels & Demons.
- Barnaby Rudge & Hard Times.
- Angela‘s Ashes.
- Lorna Doone.
- Carrie, Misery.
- Gone With The Wind.