TV, Film & Music
May 15, 2016
Over the next few days will be posted some of the rounds of the recent BRSC Quiz.
Here is Round Eight.
Round 8. TV, Film and Music
1. Which group followed a Night at the Opera with A Day at the Races?
2. Who starred in the TV series Citizen James, Taxi, George & the Dragon, Two in Clover and Carry on Laughing?
3. Who played Alec Trevelyan, Agent 006, in Goldeneye?
4. Who composed the romantic opera ‘Lohengrin‘?
5. Name the TV series starring Anna Friel as a detective who returns to work after a 7 year maternity break?
6. Was the Disney Classic Snow White & 7 Dwarves released before, during or after WW2?
7. In the 1984 film Amadeus, about the life of Mozart, who played the title role?
8. What was Simply Red‘s first UK number 1 single?
9. Which TV show awarded cabbages to its losers?
10. Who is representing the UK at next month‘s Eurovision Song Contest?
(Here are the Answers to Round Seven.)
Round 7. General Knowledge
1. What was the name of Dick Turpin‘s horse?
2. PADI is the training course to qualify as an instructor in what?
Scuba Diving (Professional Association of Diving Instructors)
3. What colour are the stars on the national flag of China?
4. On a dartboard what number is opposite 9?
5. What fruit is used to make kirsch?
6. In which month is Michaelmas Day?
7. Niagara Falls consist of two main waterfalls, the Horseshoe Falls is one, what is the other?
The American Falls
8. Rank these pencils from softest to hardest – HB F H?
HB H F (The same!)
9. What is the smallest living unit called?
10. Where did Ben Needham mysteriously disappear in 1991?
(Round Nine and the Answers to Round Eight will be posted tomorrow.)