June 18, 2016
It’s nearly time for the EFL Division One fixtures to be released.
The fixtures are due for release on Wednesday 22nd June 2016.
But it is a complicated process that doesn’t happen overnight.
The main man behind the process gives an insight into what happens.
Competitions Manager Paul Snellgrove gives answers to the following questions.
1. When and how does the fixture compilation process start for any one season?
2. How are decisions made about the midweek fixtures?
3. What are the factors considered regarding local games on the opening day?
4. Why are local derbies not usually scheduled over Christmas?
5. Why are the EFL fixtures being released a week after the Premier League fixtures?
To find the answers to these and many other questions:- CLICK HERE