BRSC Quiz Round 9
December 31, 2016
TEN ROUNDS IN TEN DAYS
Did you miss the BRSC General Knowledge Quiz on Tuesday 24th November 2016?
Over the Festive Season the 10 Rounds from that quiz set by Phil Draper will be posted on here.
If you enjoy doing these questions why not join us for the next quiz in February 2017.
The Answers to Round Nine and Round Ten Questions will be found on the website in 24 hours time.
Round 9. Music
1. Which American duo released an album titled Bookends?
2. Which famous guitarist’s original name was Brian Rankin?
3. Collectively who are Perrie Edwards, Jesy Nelson, Leigh-Anne Pinnock and Jade Thirlwall?
4. This singer, whose hits include The Night has a thousand Eyes and Rubber Ball, died at the end of last month – Name him?
5. How many valves does a trumpet have?
6. The company EMI, one of the big four record companies, was broken up in 2012, but what did EMI stand for?
7. Which group had UK #1 albums called In through the Out Door, Physical Graffiti and Houses of the Holy along with three others?
8. Don MacLean had two UK #1 singles – name either?
9. Which comedian had a hit in the 1980s with Ullo John got a new motor?
10. Which group’s greatest hits album has currently spent 761 weeks in the chart?
Round 8. TV & Film ANSWERS
1. Who directed the film ‘Alien’?
2. What is the fictional brewery associated with the Rovers Return pub in TV’s Coronation Street?
Newton & Ridley
3. What famous landmark was moulded in gold during a bullion robbery in the 1951 film The Lavender Hill Mob?
The Eiffel Tower
4. In Rosemary & Thyme what is the occupation of the two amateur detectives?
5. What film was the first sequel to win a Best Picture Oscar?
The Godfather Part II
6. This series starred Suranne Jones as a GP who discovered her husband has been having an affair. Name it?
7. Which American war film about an Iraq War Explosive Ordinance Disposal team won the best picture Oscar in 2010?
The Hurt Locker
8. Name the series featuring the Michael family, the Saddiqui family and the Tapper family?
9. The Academy Awards or Oscars have seen many presenters over the years but who has presented the show the most times?
Bob Hope (19, Bill Crystal next with 9)
10.Which TV Channel shows the series Air Crash Investigations first in the UK?