Quiz Night: Rounds 3&4
September 20, 2017
Now you have had a go at the first two rounds here are the next two.
How are you getting on?
Round 3. Sport & Leisure
1. The record attendance at the Ricoh Arena is held by which team?
2. Where was the 1986 FIFA World Cup held?
3. What is the colour of the bull of an archery target?
4. Which footballer’s autobiography is titled The Good The Bad and the Bubbly?
5. How many times in succession did Bjorn Borg win the Men’s Tennis Singles at Wimbledon?
6. Which Briton won an ice-skating Gold at the Lake Placid Olympics?
7. Who was the first black player to captain England’s soccer team?
8. Complete the name of the American Football team: ‘Washington ………..’?
9. In which sport do Great Britain and the USA compete for the Westchester Cup?
10. Which current Bristol Rovers player scored his first ever league goal after coming on as substitute in Blackpool’s 1-1 home draw with Rotherham?
Round 4. British Rivers
1. Which river forms the eastern part of the border between England and Scotland?
2. Preston stands on which river?
3. Which river rises on Hampstead Heath in London, and now travels underground to the Thames, giving its name to a famous thoroughfare in the City of London under which it flows?
4. Name the tourist area around Balmoral Castle, named after the local river ?
5. Swansea is built at the mouth of which river?
6. The famous Ironbridge in Shropshire spans which river?
7. Name the river that flows into the Avon at Keynsham?
8. The bridge over which Scottish River collapsed as a train was travelling over it killing all on board?
9. Which two rivers were included in the name of an ITV company?
10. Name the river which rises at Dodington, and flows through Doynton Wick and Bitton to the Avon?