On This Day: Twerton Park
June 26, 2018
Amid great celebrations, Innox Park, leter renamed Twerton Park was opened in Bath on land donated by Thomas Carr of Poolemeade, West Twerton, on this day in 1909.
The ceremony began at 3pm and featured a procession of scholars, the singing of hymns and a speech given by Robert Hope, a pattern maker of Maybrick Road, South Twerton, who was chairman of the parish council.
There were festivities all day much enjoyed by young and old in the local community. Rovers were to play home games at Twerton Park between 1986 and 1996.