Sponsor A Goal Up And Running Again
September 26, 2005
[image1]Many of you will be aware that last season Gashead Dan Wright organised and ran a new fundraiser called Sponsor A Goal. In it’s first season it raised over £2,000, of which every penny has been directed to the Centre of Excellence in order to help create the stars of the future.
This scheme is now into it’s second season and he hopes to beat our target set from last season. Though it’s early days, it’s well on the way! Thanks to the goal-scoring prowess of Junior Agogo and Richard Walker we have so far raised £360 by just September.
The idea is a simple one which sees supporters pledge an amount they wish to donate per first team (league and cup) goal. The minimum amount is 50p per goal. Each month fans are then contacted for the amount they have pledged which can be paid in several ways into the Sponsor A Goal account. By joining this scheme you will be rewarding success and if the team are playing well and scoring goals more money will be raised. [image2]
So far Sponsor A Goal is raising £30 every time the first team score a goal so there is no such thing as a consolation goal any more, every one counts!
The key features for supporters are as follows:
1. Every penny raised goes directly towards improving the future playing staff!
2. The amount of money being paid to the scheme is directly linked to the on-field success of the team!
3. PRIZE DRAWS will be held regularly for paid-up members throughout the season.
4. Everybody who signs up to the scheme will have his or her name appear in the home match-day programme. (Or not if preferred)
5. Lastly, one lucky member will be drawn at the end of the season to make an on-field presentation to the leading scorer at the club at the last home game.
Currently we have over 30 members who have signed up to the scheme. If you would like to join or require further details, please contact Dan Wright via the following email address
Thankyou for reading and enjoy your season supporting the Gas.