BRSC Director – David Brain
February 20, 2006
The aims and objectives of the Supporters Directors for 2008 are:
The Supporters Club has two directors to represent them on the main board of the football club and will be bound by the constitution of BRSC.
The two Supporters Club director representatives shall between them oversee the four Business Committees and the Share Scheme as agreed by the SCE.
The directors shall support the elected Chairman of the respective Business Committee in delivery of their aims and objectives and in upholding the Supporters Club Rules and Constitution relevant to that business Committee.
The split of responsibilities of the respective directors is:-
• Share Scheme Committee (as Chairman) – David Brain
• Commercial Committee – David Brain
• Communications Committee – Ken Masters
• Social Committee – Ken Masters
• Match day Committee – Ken Masters
Regardless of the specific responsibilities, to respective business committees, both directors will work across the whole operation of the supporters club to establish the director’s positions as an active communication link between the supporters and the BRFC Board of Directors. Notwithstanding this, the Supporters Club Directors shall be bound by confidentiality in respect of the BRFC Board. Subject to their overriding obligation to the Board of BRFC, the Supporters Club Directors shall work closely with each other and with the BRSC Committee and at all times promote and uphold the objectives of BRSC.
The focus areas for David Brain for 2008 are:
Share Scheme Committee:-
• To represent the SC as chairman of the Share Scheme.
• To uphold and support the ‘aims & objectives’ of the BRSC Share Scheme.
• To plan a successor scheme to replace the Share Scheme by the end of the existing agreement in December 2008.
Shop and Commercial Committee:-
• To support the BRSC Commercial Committee Chairman.
• To uphold and support the ‘aims & objectives’ of the BRSC Commercial Committee Chairman.
• To support and help plan the retail operation during the 18 months the football club will be playing in Cheltenham and for the move back to the redeveloped memorial stadium.
Additional focus areas are:-
• To regularly communicate directly with BRSC members.
• To provide regular updates on planning, design and development except where information is commercial or confidential.
• To consult and involve BRSC members in the temporary relocation to Cheltenham.
• To consult and involve BRSC members on design issues specific to SC facilities within the redeveloped memorial Stadium.
Supporters of the future:
To support the ‘fans of the future’ initiative.
To support initiatives to encourage new supporters and in particular families and children.
To manage the organised match parties initiative.