June 14, 2015
What exactly are Rail Seats?
Talk about safe standing and someone will tell you why they think it shouldn’t happen.
This will almost inevitably be based on misunderstanding, miscomprehension or myth.
Not all fans are familiar with the arguments for safe standing.
Mythbuster (hit the links below for more detailed answers):
- “Standing is unsafe.” Not True.
- “Stats show standing areas are less safe than seated ones.” Not true.
- “There’s no appetite for standing areas and it’s unfair on those who wish to sit.” Not true.
- “Standing = hooliganism” Where is the evidence for this?
- “Safe standing would cost clubs too much.” Not a matter for government & not always true.
- “Our stadium isn’t suitable for retrofitting rail seats.” Wrong!
- “Safe standing’s not wanted as clubs never incorporate into new builds.” Not true.
- “UEFA won’t allow it.” Not true.
- “Standing in the Bundesliga contributes to disorder.” Not true.
Glasgow Celtic will be the first top British club to pioneer Safe Standing.
Other clubs in Britain are also considering their use.
Small beginnings but the longest walk starts with.
To find out about what is happening with Celtic and throughout Scotland:- CLICK HERE