May 16, 2016
Over recent days some of the rounds of the recent BRSC Quiz have been posted.
Here is Round Nine.
Round 9. Words
All of the answers are four-letter words starting with G.
1. This lady‘s real name is Stefani Germanotta?
2. Clarified butter?
3. To castrate, e.g. an animal?
4. A disease in which defective metabolism of uric acid causes acute arthritis?
5. A spiritual teacher, guide or confessor?
6. Five imperial fluid ounces?
7. Provoke a reaction from someone by continuously annoying or upsetting them?
8. An informal term for an award or medal?
9. Rum and water?
10. City where the football stadium was originally named the Arnold Schwarzenegger Stadium?
(Here are the Answers to Round Eight.)
Round 8. TV, Film and Music
1. Which group followed a Night at the Opera with A Day at the Races?
2. Who starred in the TV series Citizen James, Taxi, George & the Dragon, Two in Clover and Carry on Laughing?
3. Who played Alec Trevelyan, Agent 006, in Goldeneye?
4. Who composed the romantic opera ‘Lohengrin‘?
5. Name the TV series starring Anna Friel as a detective who returns to work after a 7 year maternity break?
6. Was the Disney Classic Snow White & 7 Dwarves released before, during or after WW2?
7. In the 1984 film Amadeus, about the life of Mozart, who played the title role?
8. What was Simply Red‘s first UK number 1 single?
9. Which TV show awarded cabbages to its losers?
10.Who is representing the UK at next month‘s Eurovision song Contest?
Joe and Jake
(Round Ten and the Answers to Round Nine will be posted tomorrow.)