July 26, 2016
Bristol Rovers Football Club is expanding its media department.
There is a vacancy within the media team.
Employer: Bristol Rovers Football Club
Job title: Media Assistant
Location: Memorial Stadium
Accountable to: Head of Media
We have a vacancy for a media assistant to work closely with the existing media team.
The work undertaken will enhance the department and raise the profile of Bristol Rovers Football Club.
This role would suit someone with creative flair to make his or her mark on the club’s media output.
Working as part of a small team, the media assistant will work within clear guidelines.
The objective will be to reach out and communicate with the expanding Bristol Rovers supporter base.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Assist with the management of the club’s content output, which includes the club’s website and social media platforms, the matchday programme and GasPlayer HD.
- Be involved with, and contribute to, the development of digital strategies for the club’s official website, bristolrovers.co.uk.
- Assist with all forms of written communication required for the club’s website, social media outlets, publications and press releases and to be responsible for certain areas of written content, under the direction of the Head of Media.
- As a member of the media team, to discuss and be part of the decision making process for content and style to ensure that there is a consistency in the output of the department.
- Assist with the preparation of the club’s matchday programme, which will include proof reading, taking responsibility for a regular feature and suggesting ways of improving the publication.
- Utilise all methods of social media to improve the club’s output and explore new and innovative ways of engaging with the club’s fan base.
- As a member of the media team, to work closely with all other departments of the football club to ensure that all aspects of their work, from commercial to ticketing and marketing club merchandise are given maximum publicity via the website, social media platforms and the matchday programme.
- Journalism/media and communications degree or equivalent;
- Be able to produce visual and written work to a high standard;
- Experience of working as part of a small team;
- Professional and personable attitude with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively;
- A willingness to take on board the views of colleagues and supporters;
- Flexibility and willingness to work unsociable hours if required;
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with the ability to plan in advance;
- Close attention to detail with an ability to work under pressure.
How to apply
Are you looking for an new challenge and have the skills to become a valued member of the BRFC media team?
If you want to join us as we develop, please send your CV, salary expectations and a covering letter.
Please outline why you think you would be suited for the role.
Applications are to be forwarded to [email protected]
Bristol Rovers values the diversity of its workforce and welcomes applications from all sectors of the community.
Closing date: Wednesday 3rd August 2016.